Mobile phones news

  • »
  • »
  • Nokia is selling Vertu to EQT VI in the second half of the year

Nokia is selling Vertu to EQT VI in the second half of the year

15 June 2012
Tags: Nokia

It's been a few months since Nokia is looking for a buyer for its luxury phone segment Vertu and it finally looks like they found one. We're talking about EQT VI, an investment fund which is part of a private equity group in Europe, and which seems ready to acquire Vertu for what is yet an unannounced amount.

Nokia is selling Vertu to EQT VI in the second half of the year

Vertu was founded by Nokia in 1998 and has its headquarters in the UK, while also employing about 1,000 people all over the world. During the past few years, this segment has seen a constant growth, and Vertu being the undisputed leader of it, means that it's a good deal.

The transaction will take place sometime in the second half of this year, with EQT VI acquiring 90% of the company's stock, while Nokia will remain with the other 10%.

As we mentioned in other news, Nokia is clearly putting all of its eggs in the Windows Phone basket, and handsets from the Lumia lineup and PureView are expected to turn the company into the successful manufacturer that they once were.

We sincerely hope that Vertu won't shine away, cause we like seeing all these glamorous phones which we'll never have.

Source






Related news:

Nokia is selling Vertu to EQT VI in the second half of the year - comments


0 Comments